Tuesday 15 January 2008

Big Thanks for '07

Racing maybe a solo sport out on the track, but no way could I have done it without the help and support of a whole host of people.This is the moment to give them all a mention and say how much I appreciate it.

Firstly Steve, for banging on at me to get a bike when I had stopped the nonsense for a few years. Also for taking up his shed for most of the year to build and store the race bike.

Phil, who has given of himself and his time in the workshop, making stuff and getting me out of the shit plus a massive long list of other stuff he has contributed in a most generous way. It's great to have him around.

Phil's brother Dave, who gave us the bike in the first place. Glad you enjoyed the racing and hope to see you more next season.

My Mrs. for not seeing me for three months solid last winter during the build and for supporting me to accomplish my dream.

Mr. Steve Spencer, without whom the whole project would have been a nightmare and rather amateurish . His huge amount of knowledge of the Yamaha FZ motorcycle, racing and tuning the things, he has passed on to us without holding back.It has been a blessing to have met him. He is a really rare breed.

Jeremy Hill. He has given his time to come and see me over every race weekend and on the phone to offer advice and help to get me going in the right direction. A very passionate and generous guy. He really has been an inspiration.

Jeremy's wife Tina. She has also been full of advice and help in the fitness arena and also helped me understand what makes a racer.

During the licence day at Mallory Park, I met Gyles. He's an all round great guy and I feel fortunate to have met him, competed against him and shared all sorts of stuff in the paddock while camped out together, including cutlery!

Gyles right hand man and top guy, especially when he is drunk and telling stories, Chris. He had no hesitation in offering his services whether it be acting as a human bike lift or starter motor or whatever.You're a star!

The whole Alto Laverda crew. A pleasure to be camped out next to and always willing to help in all kinds of ways.
Ben and Aaron have been very generous with their experience and all the guys in their crew have been really great! Thanks to all of you.

Steve and Sarah Jordan have always been quick to help when asked and always delivered. Good luck to Sarah who is quitting Thunderbikes for another series. It was Fantastic when she won at Cadwell Park!



I'd like to thank my sponsors, but I don't have any! bugger!

No comments: