Tuesday 15 May 2007

A near miss!

I nearly didn't go to Brands....
When Bemsee, the Racing club, have to submit all their paperwork to the ACU and their insurers, they had next to no entry forms from the Thunderbike racers. I submitted mine just after the Cadwell races but they did not reach the club before the deadline.All of a sudden, everyone submitted their entries at the last minute, by which time, Bemsee had decided to combine both the clubman and rookie 400 classes, in with the Thunderbikes class, to get a full grid. This meant that a few guys, the last to submit their entries, got put on the reserve list and were therefore not guaranteed to get out and race. I was one of them.

In the light of this and the awful weather forecast, I was in two minds about going at all.
I decided to gamble and make the effort.
I did manage to get 3 out of the 4 available races and both practice sessions too. The gamble paid off!

I will now be submitting all my entry forms for the rest of the season, to be certain of not getting put on the reserve list in future. It's not nice being unsure of getting out to race.

It was quite an eventful weekend for me with all kinds of mechanical woes and my first time out on full wets too, which was a great experience.
As it is quite late at night as I write, I am going to cut short my post for now and write more later when I am more awake.
For now I will post a few pictures that Jules, one of the Alto performance Laverda team pit crew, kindly gave me at the weekend that he snapped at the last meeting at Cadwell Park.
Thanks Jules, and I hope I have spelt your name correctly!
Some great shots, modestly put down as "not too bad " by the photographer!



Right in the mix.... excellent!


what a great shot! Over the mountain can be spectacular.


Some of the variety of machines that make Thunderbikes so interesting.


I had a fantastic battle with these guys!


Into the bottom of the Mountain.


I recently realised, that if you click on the photos they will enlarge! d'oh...

No comments: