Thursday 29 March 2007

Work resumes

Play time is over and work resumes as the engine gets removed, ready to go to the bench dyno.
Hopefully it will come home from the FZs good friend Steve Spencer running better, with a fatter torque curve.Not sure exactly what Steve will do to the motor until I get to his place and have a chat. Some mid range power increase would be great as would a little more top end for those long straights at the next meetings venue, Snetterton in Norfolk. I am sure there is loads of scope to just simply make it run better as I am not entirely convinced it is running that well.



I will also be dropping off the spare motor so Steve can give it the once over and see if it's worth tuning it into a proper little race engine. Time will tell, as they say.

In the mean time I will be away from home for a week which means nothing will get done.
When I return, hopefully with a more sorted motor, I will have plenty to get on with and I imagine it will be another mad rush and long evenings, getting ready to get to Snetterton sometime on the Friday evening.
I want to play with ride height and the rear shock, to complement the work that is being done to the front end forks.
A good clean up and other small mods are due too.
We are not doing the testing day, Thursday, as we decided to save funds for the following meeting at Cadwell.

No comments: