Thursday 22 March 2007

Running on all 4 ?

I am 90% certain the bike is running on all 4, after finding another discrepancy in the carbs and spending shit loads of time trying to get to the bottom of the problem.I forgot what it's like to spend an evening at home with my girlfriend....oh yes, I almost forgot I had one!
The new brass bolt, screws into a sleeve which locates in the carb body on a slot and pin and the needle sits into this. I found this to be seated incorrectly which would explain why pot #4 only gets hot at high throttle and would also explain why the bolt was busted, a previous owner must have messed it up when trying to screw the thing in. This is a relief as I was racking my brain trying to work out what the hell I had done to bust this component.

So with all this now correctly seated, it seems to be running ok. I only say 90% as there is always that niggle of doubt in the back of my mind and that things never go that sweetly...we'll see come Saturday morning warm up!
The van is loaded and ready to go straight after work tomorrow. Just one more day of boring work....the day before race weekend always drags so slowly.
The weather forecast is a bit dodgy and I get the feeling we'll have plenty of wheel changing practice!
Well, with the clutch sorted and the thing running ok...hopefully, I am hoping to have a reasonably decent bike to ride. It will be nice to be able to concentrate on riding instead of worrying about the bike.

Race day here we come... bring it on!


Don't ask me...I've no idea what he was doing .........maybe he was cleaning up?........surely not!

No comments: