Tuesday 6 February 2007

Rushing about alot




What a busy weekend!
We made stacks of progress over the weekend although we still have enough to do to keep us on our toes.
One big headache has been discovering the exhaust system bangs on the bottom shock linkage and the slip-on can hangs in mid air, half a mile away from where it should be.The bike is going into a local engineering firm tomorrow to have the problem sorted. I'm sure it will be ok.
There has been all kinds of little headaches but our combined resolve has over come them all, and most sorted with bits and pieces just lying about the place. It's been good fun trying to be creative.
I would love to have the time to write about each individual job we have done, but I just don't have the time at the moment. If any FZ fans out there have anything in particular they would like us to reveal, I would be glad to answer, Just leave a comment!
I have been busy rushing about alot, buying and ordering loads of last minute stuff.
I'm really looking forward to seeing my nice new HEL brake and clutch lines on my doorstep in the next couple of days.
We are looking at getting the motor fired up this weekend coming, hopefully without too many dramas! and with most bits either on order or bought this week, we are confident all will be ready for mallory Park in less than 2 weeks!
I bet we will still be messing about with her when we roll up at the track.
Because of time getting short, we are concentrating on getting the thing running with everything bolted on and skipping things like cosmetics and using older fittings that are a bit scabby.Once the Mallory test day is over, We'll have 3 weeks to tweek and paint things and replace the scabby bits. She'll be nice and shinny soon!

No comments: